Frequently Asked Questions Regarding
- What are Weingarten rights?
- What employees have Weingarten rights?
- Do Weingarten rights apply automatically?
- Can Weingarten rights be waived?
- Do Weingarten rights apply to meetings only to impose discipline?
- What amounts to a reasonable belief that an investigatory interview will result in disciplinary action?
- Who may be an employee’s representative?
- May the representative participate in the interview?
- May employer deny an employee Weingarten rights where a representative is not available?
- May an employer forego the interview rather than honor the employee’s Weingarten rights?
- Is it a violation to discipline an employee for invoking his/her Weingarten rights?
- May an employer discipline an employee for improperly or mistakenly refusing to participate in an interview?
- What remedies are available to an employee whose Weingarten rights have been violated?
- What foundation are Weingarten rights based upon?